Sports Premium Information
What is the PE and Sports Premium Funding?
The government is providing funding of over £450 million per annum for academic years 2013-2025 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of Funding
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school are physically literate and leave with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE:
- To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We use the sports premium funding to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- make improvements that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with our teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- run sports activities with other schools and academies
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us, and we’ll be more than happy to help assist you in your requirements. Click the link below…
01543 472 236
Click to email us
St Peter's Yoxall C of E Primary School
Partner School in the John Taylor MAT